Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chapters One-Through-Three

Chapters 1-3 in Design: A Very Short Introduction reiterated my thoughts and deductions from the first course reflection. I have a lot to learn about design and its technicalities, purpose, and process. I'm really looking forward the course and text opening my eyes to how integral design is in everyday life. That is part of why I chose patterns that had been around me for awhile but I had never looked at much further than being a "thing". In the third chapter Heskett mentions how certain items are often transformed somehow to cater to a specific culture which caused my brain to rehash back to my international business course where we analyzed and compared different ads and words in different places and how they might affect another culture. Such as the American car, the Chevy Nova, but in the Latin market it wouldn't sell because it translates "no go". Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment