Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm Just Part of One Big Pattern

1.
This is a piece my roommate is working on. I really love it for the colors and the repetition of the moose. I also like how each new color sneaks through the previous. It is acrylic on canvas. It is in our art cave in the basement.

2.
I have always been very intrigued by Escher's creations. I found this image online. I like the soft color usage in this piece and the beach theme. And as in every Escher piece, there is a multitude of ways to view it. I was watching Jeopardy and Escher was the answer to a question, so I figured I should include him in this project.

3.
This is the new Utrecht catalog that was delivered to my house! I was drawn to it because of the colors and overlapping. I also like the imperfection of torn edges and uneven watercolor finish.

4.
This masterpiece is in my living room. I was walking through the house and noticed how tacky they looked so I organized them. And now they are a pattern not only in repetition of the objects themselves but in they way they are positioned. I was drawn to them because I wanted to clean up my house.


 5.
This is the luggage I have been using to travel. I was still unpacking, thinking about the tasks I needed to work on. Upon closing the suitcase I noticed the pattern that makes me think of a middle aged mother, but I like it. 

 6.
This parasol came from my visit to San Francisco. I didn't choose this for it's pretty print on the top but for it's construction. The spindles are so precise in their positioning, creating a delicate yet sturdy tool. I also am drawn to this because of the unusual curvature of the edge.

 7.
I was rummaging through the closets in my house and stumbled upon this amazing quilt. I love the bold colors mingling with the pastel tones. I also love the geometric pattern and the illusion of multiple dimensions.

 8.
I was immediately attracted to this, even though it wasn't what i was looking for. I came across it on MorgueFile.com while I was looking for images to use for my internship. It reminds me of the patterns my grandma and i would use for making pillows. I like the dainty and traditional details. We both love florals and I love birds.

9.

I was in my mythology course, being all philosophical and such. I noticed a few patterns around the room but this one was the most captivating. There are so many pieces to the pattern. The doors, stairs, exit signs, lighting. I didn't capture it exactly how I would've liked but I still wanted to include it.

10.

Peter in a sweater! I bought this sweater for my IG/Min Pin mix, Pete. I love the rich colors and simple pattern. I also like the geometric quality. Also, if you look closely, the knitting itself creates a pattern of hooks and lines. This picture was taken in my kitchen, where he was too excited and enticed by food to stand still.  



No comments:

Post a Comment