Monday, February 7, 2011

Cradle Intro

Cradle to Cradle is already interesting to me. I was immediately intrigued and impressed by the construction and material of the text itself. I like that the book started off talking about the materials used and purpose of the book. I think nature provides a great blueprint for design and should and could be utilized   on an even larger scale for a multitude of purposes.
The introduction also provides eye-opening accounts of recent flaws in design and materials, like lead based paint on children's toys. It provoked me to think back to what I played with as a kid and the environment I grew up in. I also thought about Frank Lloyd Wright, one of the designers I chose for the investigation assignment and how important it was to him to create with nature, not trying to recreate nature but to harmonize with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment