Monday, February 7, 2011

My Hood

1. No one has really shoveled the snow or salted.
2. A lot of people walk in the street.
3. Why are there speed bumps?
4. I've always loved those skulls above that house's front door.
5. Why are there shutters?
6. That church is creepy.
7. The huge lot that church sits on is also creepy, totally suitable as a cemetery.
8. Theres a ton of footprints and animal tracks.
9. There are not enough streetlights.
10. These "one way"streets are nearly senseless.
11. Many families live around here too.
12. I enjoy all the trees and landscaping in the neighborhood.
13. There seem to be more doubles than apartments or full homes.
14. Most of the houses around here have porches.
15. A lot of dogs start barking while I'm walking by.
16. This strip mall is wonderfully convenient.
17. The parking lot is a death trap.
18. There is less graffiti on this side of Hudson.
29. Why is there so much construction on Patterson?
20. There is a pretty nice scarf just laying in the dirty slush.
21. There are very few brick structures, especially houses in the neighborhood.
22. That Saab convertible should probably tape the back window back on.
23. I hear someone playing drums and guitar.
24. Theres a plush parrot in that tree!
25. My street splits into two opposite one ways.
26. There are some "For Rent" signs popping up in the area.
27.There are three churches within 3 blocks of my house.
28. My dog always uses the bathroom at Maynard & Adams.
29. Theres a lot of trash in the alley.
30. I really enjoy the paintings on the backside of the strip mall.
31. The corner store is usually part of my everyday life
32. That house has those tacky "Must be 21 to drink" signs up all year around.
33. I want a garden like that one.
34. Its really neat how they use the gutter system to irrigate the plants.
35. I hear more music, but this time I think it's a record player.
36. A stray cat just ran under a truck.
37. Theres a bus stop conveniently at the end of my street.
38. Some of the houses are painted unconventionally.
39. The church bells can be heard all throughout the neighborhood.
40. There are some squirrels out.
41. Taste of Orient smells delicious.
42. Why is that porch light on in the middle of the day?
43. I hate the way the frozen snow sounds when I step on it.
44. I like stepping on the ice and watching the water move around below it.
45. The snow is so compact and frozen, my dog can walk on top of it.
46. I hate the way the city looks right now.
47. The wind is blowing from Indianola, down the hill and right in my face.
48. The alleyway is terribly uneven and littered with deep, large holes.
49. The alleys are dangerously icy.
50. Something got into our trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment